24 January, 2019

Pretty Petals

Hi Everyone,

Julia back with you today, sharing another of my cards using Meg's new collection French Roses

As I loved this particular design in the collection too much to cover it or make it heavy with embellishments, I kept things simple - and made the paper not only the background detail, but the embellishment too.



After cutting the paper to card size, I chose three individual petals from the print and cut around them, enough that they sat up on their own, but leaving sufficient still intact.


I inked the card under each petal before adhering, for the colour to show from under the raised petal, I also added glitter over the ink for extra sparkle!


Keeping the sentiments simple yet touching, I finished with bling and one of my favourites from Meg's Spring Flowers collection, a vellum butterfly, ready to take off from the card.


I had a lot of fun creating this card, something different yet simple - making the stunning paper design really stand out. 

Julia

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have created Julia,its a beautiful image from the French roses collection

    ReplyDelete