11 February, 2015

Petite Parfum Potion Book By Sue Smyth


Petite Parfum Potion Book
 by Sue Smyth 



Hi Bloggers
Today I am sharing a special little project, that I just love.
It is a mini book featuring The Butterfly Garden Collection 

I took my cue from one of the labels in the set
Parfum Camia
which I gather means flower perfume, so I made this little 
book. I imagined another time when a well to do 
young lady would make notes in this book of her 
favourite flowers or perfumes.

I have cut 2 chipboard covers measuring 9 x 7cm and 
covered them with patterned paper and lace



For the book cut 8 panels measuring 14 x 9cm and score 
and fold at 7 cm.
Adhere all folded panels together back to back,
ink edges and adhere ribbon
over to top panel and bottom panel
before gluing the covers over
the top.


Fill a small glass vial with seed beads and swipe 
cork and glass with gesso for a shabby look.

Trim blue flowers from the ribbon they are
adhered to.
Use a heat gun to melt a little, this 
will straighten the petals and make them 
flatter and easier to work with.


Refer to my previous post to find out 
how to create a tinsy butterfly like mine.



Trim an element from lace and
adhere to bottom of oval frame.
Add a gemstone to the centre as 
pictured.
Dont forget to add the hardware handle,
which I have swiped with a little gesso.

Trim an element from the silver trim
dry brush with gesso and drop
a small amount of gel glue 
to the centre, add a clear or pearl glass bead.



Wrap fibres around frame and decorate with more flowers
and a trimmed Parfum Camia 
panel altered to form a scroll. Also 
fussy cut the perfume bottle and tuck
beside the vial.

I hope you have a go at making this, it was such fun 
and so small it will not take up lots of room 
in your craft space.
It also makes a beautiful gift

Megs Garden Materials 



Happy Crafting 

7 comments:

  1. This little book is so pretty...lovely color choices. Love your embellishments. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sue!! Utterly enchanting!! You've put so much detail on the cover and all in such a tiny space ... awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sue this may be a little book, but it packs a big punch!! it is stunning just stunning xo

    ReplyDelete