17 June, 2015

Forgotten Meadows Gift Box Card by Meredith Hilly


Forgotten Meadows Gift Box Card by Meredith Hilly.

Hello everyone.
 I love to give cards with something extra as a gift. I used the Forgotten Meadows paper to cover my gift box card and fussy cut out a frame from the papers. Using foam tape I stuck it along with a gold leaf and a white flower.



I attached this tiny door knob to open the card and stuck a key on the leaf to give the impression that this was the key to unlock it. A gold ribbon was tied around the card to keep it closed.


I just love this owl and used it on the spine of the gift box card. I glued a small frame to highlight the owl and then filled it with Glossy Accents. Once dried it gave the frame a  deep gloss. Like a lacquer.


When you open the gift box card enclosed is a small treat to eat. This could be changed to enclose bath crystals or lottery tickets. Your imagination is the limit. On the left hand side is a pocket where you can write your message on the gift tags.



There is a clear plastic sheet to see the goodies through and a flap at the top to get them out.
I used small gold corners to frame the card and rubbed Inka Gold Paint on all the edges of the card. The Inka Gold Paint comes like a shoe polish consistency and I find you can colour most any surfaces with this. Like the love heart pin on the cover was white and I rubbed a bit of the Inka Gold on it and this made it blend into the gold and white colour theme I was going for.




This gift box card is no bigger then your hand and I find it is a lot of fun to make and give to someone special.



Thank you for taking the time to look at my project.

From megs garden-

From my own stash-
Inka Gold by Viva
Glossy Accent by Ranger
White love heart pin
Gold and black Washi Tape
Spotted feather from own fowl


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Meredith!! Love the white and gold theme .. a lovely gift idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Meredith this is absolutely lovely and is so so elegant. Great work. I love making card boxes as gifts. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your tips about using Inka Gold products. I've got to give this a try. Your card/box is just beautiful...reminds me of a Baroque art piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Meredith - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lush,gorgeous details,very beautiful Meridth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what an absolutely beautiful gift box card. it is just stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete