14 February, 2016

Altered Notebook+BONUS PROJECT

Hi all Kimi here, welcome back to Meg's Garden.  Today I have a vintage inspired altered notebook using the fabulous Chantilly Cream paper kit.  Once again I have chosen Kraft cardstock as my backing papers.  I think it really sets these papers off.

I have had this little notebook with pen in my stash for quite sometime.  I thought, with its Kraft cardboard covers, that it would go perfectly with the Chantilly Cream Collection.

Here is a before pic:-

I wanted to add a little pink to this project, so I pulled out Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tattered Rose and inked all the edges with this first.  Then followed this up by lightly going around in Walnut Stain.  I really liked how this turned out.  The Tattered Rose blended beautifully with the soft creamy tones.


I also wanted to use the seam binding supplied in our kit, so I spritzed my glass cutting mat with some water and added a few drops of Tattered Rose re-inker to change the colour.


....and here is my altered notebook.   I love the softy peachy colour.  This little notebook is now a lovely "vintage-y" journal.

  I have used layered two of  the paper flowers and lightly dusted them with some of the Tattered Rose.
 I added the seam binding to a little light pink lace from stash and topped it with the Pearl bead string from the kit.  The beautiful vintage photo is from the Cut & Create Sheet.
 On the inside cover I created a punched border/pocket to hold a small journalling tag and added the small flower trim that was part of our embellishments.
 I also covered the pen with the lovely long flower cut out that can be found on the 12x12 Cut & create sheet.
 The inside back cover is left plain....
 ....however I have decorated the back cover with another one of the cut outs.

Products I have used:-
Pearl Bead trim

BONUS PROJECT

The 12 x12 Chantilly Cream 12"x12" papers come with these 4"x12" strips.

  When I first saw these I thought how perfect they would be for creating pocket letters!!  So I found myself with a little extra time and decided to add a bonus pocket letter project.
I have used a few of the cut outs to decorate the pockets with and some embellishments from my stash.
 I have used the Chantilly Cream 01 - p6445 to mat the backs.  Now all that there is left to do is fill the pockets with some goodies.

Products Used:-
Chantilly Cream 4"x12" strip 01 - P6455
Chantilly Cream 4"x12" strip 02 - P6446
Chantilly Cream 4"x12" strip 04 - P6448
Chantilly Cream 4"x12" strip - Cut & Create - P6451
Vintage Cotton Lace
Cream Ribbon

Well readers that is my share for you today.  Don't forget to check out what is new and exciting at Megs Garden.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work Kimmi,I love you book and what a clever idea for your pen,the pockets look fantastic,well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh!! Your altered note book is totally gorgeous Kimi!! Love the cover and the pocket on the inside and you covered the pen as well .. brilliant!! Beautiful work on the pocket letter too .. so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful transformation of your notebook, looks fabulous & lucky girl whoever receives your Pocket Letter the cut outs are perfect for it
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a present. Well done.

    ReplyDelete