23 February, 2016

Chantilly Cream Folio Mini

Hello everyone it's Patti here today sharing a new folio mini I've made.  I'm wondering if you're like me.  Do you have things in your crafty cupboard that you've pulled out often only to put them back again because you just could visualize what to do with them?  That's been my case with the Tim Holtz small folio.  I couldn't wait to get it and then didn't know what to do with it once I had it.  Well that all changed with I received my last Design Team package from Meg's Garden.  I knew immediately that I had been saving that folio for the Chantilly Cream Collection.


I added the beautiful Organza Lace Flower over the top of the Jute and Mesh Ribbons and topped it off with a dragonfly charm.  On the right flap I added an oval trinket and glued a brad I had in my stash (prongs cut off) to match the one I'd added to the Wish at the bottom. I added some Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle which I had mixed with a Bronze Pearl X powder and applied it with the help of a 13 Arts stencil called Cozy Evening. To complete my front I misted the front cover of my Chantilly Cream dot paper with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds and Candlelight Glimmer Mist. 


Because the folio expands out and up when opened it was a little trickier to get photos for you today that did it justice. When you watch the video walk through it will show you in much more depth how these pages interact.  


I simply adore the images in the Chantilly Cream Cut and Create ephemera papers including this little girl, in fact I used her image in a couple of spots in my folio including here on the front inside cover. After fussy cutting her out I backed her with Kraft cardstock and inked her heavily with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Ground Espresso.  I tucked flowers from the Fantasy Blooms Ochre pack into her hair and bodice.  Leaving her open on two sides allows my to tuck in my folded photo folder behind.


This shows the first flap of my folio and I've included this small photo of the folio before I started altering it.  The little flaps in the front are the ones in the photo above only turned vertically.  I added graduated pages to the strips which include my decorative pockets, embellishments and areas for tuck ins.  Above you can see I added a diagonal belly band across the bottom to act a stopper for the inserted mats.  Using the Mesh Ribbon over the Kraft Cardstock is a winning pair and then adorning it with the fussy cut butterfly completed my first flap.  I did leave an opening on the side for a tuck in mat.  The solid mats are all cut from the Kraft cardstock, inked with the Tim Holtz Distress ink in Ground Espresso and Corner Chomped with a combination of one or more of the Scallop and Cloud edges.  Notice at the top  you see how you can take just a small snippet from the paper (the stamp and botanical) and when fussy cut makes the perfect tuck under for your mat.  Using just one tassel cut from the strip was enough to finish it off the end of my band.


Here is the next flap in my folio. I created a clustered pocket with the little scraps I had left over. This is a fantastic way to use up little bits and bobs you have left.  Start with a solid base behind and then glue your bits on top until you get the look you like.  I do several practice runs just placing my little scraps here and there until I get a look that is pleasing to my eye and then begin gluing them down.  I trim away the excess to create the straight side and bottom and then ink the edges.   


Here is the front of the next flap, I cut the pre-made strip that came with the folio into two sections and removed the extra pieces so I could have the two swinging pockets. 


Here's the back side of those same pockets.  You can see where I've reused my cute little girl and fussy cut a panel from the paper to create the belly bands.


The next flap is placed toward the middle of the pre-made folio flap and then the excess top and bottom is cut away so you have a 5 1/2" square pocket (this is from the Cardmaker pack).  I again took a few of the cut and create pieces to make my stopper across the bottom. Shown on the small photo to the right is the back of this swinging pocket.  Using an element from the collection I created a wide belly band to tuck my photo booklet into (this is an 8" x 4" piece of inked Kraft, scored in the middle and then folded to house 4 photos.

As each of the folio strips advance I increased the width of my pockets so that you get larger and larger photo mats either tucked on the front as shown here or in the side pocket these areas are large enough to hold 5" x 7" photos.


I used the frames from the collection and extended them across the two pages to create bottom pockets.  The inserted mats are adorned with fussy cut butterflies.  I glued the back of the butterfly completely down on the back of the mat but left the bottom front of the butterfly loose to tuck the photo underneath.


Now that I'm almost to the end of the folio the page is really large allowing for a good sized mat in the pocket and under the belly band.  Again I've used snippets from the paper for embellishing the jute and lace band and adorned the side with one of the Fantasy Blooms.


You know that old saying, I saved the best for last?  That's how I feel about this page, I often say a project takes on a life of it's own and that's the feeling I had here.  I loved how the page flowed together with the lace, mesh ribbons, butterfly and pockets.

Please join me on the video where you'll see a much more in depth look at the page and pockets.  All supplies to Meg's Garden will be linked directly below the video.  I'd be most extremely if you visited me at A Soul's Heartbeat either on Blogger or Facebook.



Supplies from Meg's Garden of Papercraft Delight


6 comments:

  1. Beautifully detailed Folio Patti,great video also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic Folio Patti,beautifully assembled to show off Chantilly Cream range , love your video as well ... hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a true artist - love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Patti!! A wonderful, interactive booklet decorated to perfection!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Started watching the video the other day and got interrupted , finally got back to it today. What a beautiful filo and you have so much in it !Love how you used the butterfly as a stopper , clever idea. It was certainly meant for the project, just perfect
    Mary , aka Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning project ... so well put together and finished off perfectly ... truly inspiring :) xo

    ReplyDelete