02 February, 2016

Chantilly Cream Mini Album

Hello readers, welcome to one of my first posts here at Meg's Garden.

  Today I have a vintage inspired mini album to share using the 12x12 paper kit and the cut out sheet.  This versatile little mini really is so fast you can get it done in a day and can be customised to suit any occasion.  It only takes 2 pieces of cardstock to create the base. 

I have chosen Kraft cardstock for this mini.  I think it went perfectly with the cream tones of this lovely paper. I have covered my pages with the following papers.

Chantilly Cream 01
Chantilly Cream 02
Chantilly Cream 03
Chantilly Cream 05
Chantilly Cream 06
I have embellished the mini through out with the Cut & Create sheet.

Along with the embellishments that were included in the kit.


Here is my mini.  This mini measures 4 1/2 x 6 inches.
 I have used the mesh, pearls and flowers that came in the kit to embellish the front and added a few items from my stash.  I have used magnets to create a flap closure.

 I wanted to add just a subtle touch of colour to the flower, so I have dusted it lightly with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and added a few glass beads here and there.
 The inside cover has a small tuck spot with a journalling tag that I have created from one of the cut outs and layered on manilla cardstock and then stamped in Tim Holtz Disress Ink - Black soot.  The second page is a place for a photo.
 Page 3: I have left this page blank for a photo and the pocket houses a single sided photo mat
 Pages 4 & 5.  These pages have two little corner pockets with two photo mats and little journal tags created from more of the images from the cut and create paper
 Pages 6 & 7:  I have used a small die cut from my stash and teamed it up with some lace to create a small tuck spot for a photo and added one of the tags for journalling.
 Pages 8 & 9:  I have used some Kraft cardstock to create two side loading pockets to house two single sided photo mats and journalling tags.  Again I have used a mix of Manilla cardstock and Kraft to layer the journalling tags. 
 Pages 10 & 11:  I have used the other half of my diecut to create another tuck spot and added a tag from the Cut and Create sheet.  I have added some lace and ribbon to embellish the pocket and added a single sided photo mat.
Back Pages:  These pages I have only lightly embellished as by now my mini was getting just a tad lumpy and I feared that it wouldn't close.  So I have added some stamped embellishments that I created using some of the offcuts of paper.  

Lastly, this is the mini from behind and from above.  As you can see it is only about an inch or so think.  Hopefully I have left some growing room for the photos.

Products I have used are:

Thanks for stopping by.  Please pop on over to Megs Garden and take a look at what is new and exciting...

6 comments:

  1. What a great album ,a big welcome Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow!! This is such a beautiful little mini. Love all the pockets you have created in this album Kimi and also love the embellishments used. Absolutely stunning project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little mini album Kimi .. love it all .. hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally agreed with you guys whatever you have explained here, it’s superb.
    http://www.crepemyrtle.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute book. The little pockets and all the effort you did. Well done nice project.

    ReplyDelete