13 March, 2016

Chantilly Cream desk top calendar by Meredith Hilly


Hello everyone.        
It’s the start of a new year and I thought how about a nice desk top calendar to go with  the beautiful new collection of papers from Megs garden, Chantilly Cream.

Using card stock I made a box and covered it with papers from Chantilly Cream collection. The papers are in such nice tones that making an elegant project is very easy. I placed a small 2016 calendar on top and decorated it with gold pearls and a paper lace dollies.


The beautiful gold bow on top wrapped in silk flowers from Megs Garden finished it off perfectly.

Using four large match boxes I made draws to put little treasures in. I left a small hole to pop a pen in it for marking on the calendar.



I attached lace around the sides and silk flowers to make every side pretty.
By using a stencil and texture paste I  added more dimension to the paper on the sides of the box.
I inked all edges with a dark brown to give it an aged look.


I really enjoyed making this project and I hope it has inspired you to use this collection on your next project.
Bye for now.
From Megs Garden
From my stash
Tim Holtz Metal feet and Draw knobs.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Meredith ,such a beautiful work of art,just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice box and a interesting idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Meredith. Such a clever idea (I love cute little drawers) and you've decorated it all so beautifully. Absolutely fabulous decor piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! :) I'm off to find something I can use to make one of these ... I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so clever and beautiful
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete