07 March, 2015

'A Few Shades of Blue' - Cards by Margaret Mifsud

Hello everyone and welcome to Meg's Garden.  So lovely that you could drop in for a visit.

For my projects this month I have created some cards to share with you.

CARD # 1

The first card is made with papers from the Correspondence Collection.  These papers are stunning!!  With their lovely neutral shading and gorgeous textures they are the perfect background for any colour or embellishment that you may wish to incorporate.


The papers chosen are Mademoiselle Louise and Letter from Tucson and they are from the 12" x 12" sheets. 
  
 
After sewing the two layers together, I created a band across the card with some of the stunning lace that Meg has in the shop.  This became the base for my flower cluster.  Once the lace was glued down I sprayed the left side of the card with 'Peacock Feathers' Distress Spray Stain and also with 'Afraid of the Dark' Glimmermist.


Added some twine (from my stash), some gorgeous blue and green beads from the 'Green Bundle' and a small butterfly from the Transparency sheet.  The lovely little fabric flower was originally Ivory.  I simply sprayed it with Afraid of the Dark Glimmermist and was so pleased with the result.  Not only is it now the perfect colour but it also has a lovely shimmer to it in real life.


The inside was decorated with some Border Punched strips from the Correspondence Mini Paper Pack.


 Instead of adding leaves to my cluster I thought it would be fun to add a couple of metal gears.  A little touch of steampunk amongst the shabby chic.  LOL!!

Megs Garden Products used

Papers


Flowers

Ribbon, Lace and Beads

CARD #2

My next card uses some of the left over papers from my Butterfly Book Kit as well as some of the same products from the previous card.
Megs Garden Book Kits are chock full of yummy paper goodies that you can use in so many different ways.   There are beautifully designed papers as well as lots of ephemera and various graphic images which would be suitable to use not just in your Mini Albums but for all of your paper crafting projects.   


I've used several strips left over from when I made my Butterfly Booklet and simply inserted some different laces in between.




The chippie is a Card Word Circle from 2Crafty Chipboard.  I painted it with Stormy Sky Distress Paint and, while it was still wet, I sprinkled it with clear glitter.



The bright green buds are from Magnolia Ink  but the rest of flowers in this cluster are all from Megs Garden.  The large bloom was mainly white but I have altered it by spraying it with Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain.


The inside was decorated with border punched strips from the Book Kit.



Megs Garden Products used


Papers



Flowers


 Ribbon, Lace, Fibres and Beads


I hope you have enjoyed seeing my two cards and that you have gained some inspiration here.  Megs Garden has loads of gorgeous and interesting products in store so why not take a look for yourself. HERE is the link.
Also, while you're here, why not take a stroll around the Garden and look at some of the stunning projects created by the rest of the Team.

Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


10 comments:

  1. Both cards are really beautiful! Gorgeous designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards Margaret,so pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that seeing that gear was quite a surprise...different, interesting and oddly pleasing...all at the same time. Loved the technique of using machine stitching. What glue did you use to adhere the beads? It's not at all visible. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martie, The glue I used for the beads is Glossy Accents. I simply make a little pool of it on the paper and then spill the beads over the top. That way all the glue is hidden. So far, doing it this way has worked well for me. Thank you too, for your lovely comments. We really appreciate your input. x

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Your selection of embellishments really make the cards shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can one ever choose which of your cards is best, both are beautiful. Love the flowers and all the other embellishments. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those splashes of blue, so vibrant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Margaret, you've done it again; created two gorgeous cards, both with yummy layering and texturing. Love the surprise of the gears on the top card and the sprinkled beads on them both :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful and elegant cards - I am so glad I found your wonderful blog - lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Margaret these are truly beautiful cards I love the beads ,glitter flowers ,well lets face it I love everything lol

    ReplyDelete