05 March, 2015

"Mum" by Brenda Caldow

Hello everyone and welcome to Meg's Garden Blog. I would like to share with you a layout I have created with the beautiful patterned papers "The Butterfly Collection" and I just love the butterflies on the papers and as always I love to fussy cut. Because of this I decided that I would not only use the papers from the 12x12 collection but I would fussy cut the butterflies from the Butterfly Mini Pack.

I hope you like this layout as much as I do. It is special to me as it is of my mother -Helen who is not just my mum but my best friend. 


On my patterned paper I used a beautiful paper lace doily - Bond square and I then inked it with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. It look so nice with the purple in the butterflies.


Over this I placed one of the papers from the Butterfly Mini Pack and I chose it for the lovely large butterfly in the corner of the paper. around the edge of this paper I used my black journal pen to do some stitching. Over this I count resist using a beautiful white flower lace.


The ornate small rectangular Parisian Frame I chose for my photo is so beautiful and I used Distress Crackle paint - Dusty Concord on it. When this had dried and crackled I went around the edges lightly with a pale pink ink. 



I used a die to create the foliage coming out from the flowers. The beautiful celestial white flowers are available in the store and come in other glorious colors. The little purple flowers are  by Kaisercraft and Petaloo. I inked the Mum chippie and then also used the pale purple ink a little on it too just to give it a little lift.


I just love the rub-on from Kaisercraft as it is so true. It is just perfect for the layout. 


Behind the flowers I used a little Prima spray ink and from the flowers I cut the the stems and twisted them and used them behind the flowers. 

  We have now come to the end of my layout and I hope you have enjoyed looking at what I created with the beautiful products that are available at Megs Garden Store. There are so many other beautiful products available too so please take a look as I know you will love them all very much.

We all love you calling bye so please leave a comment so we know you have stopped in. Your comments mean so much to us. 
Happy Crafting
Brenda xxx

MEG'S GARDEN PRODUCTS USED
Lace doily - Bond square
 

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Brenda and a lovely tribute to your Mum!! You have used these papers to perfection and I love the fussy cutting!! Gorgeous page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful LO of your mum and best friend.I love how you have picked up the mauves of the butterfly collection. The doily looks fantastic and I love all your flowers and gently trailing die cuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful LO. Love the softness of the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Brenda, I love the colors and love the square doiley used like that.. lovely flowers.. a special tribute to your Mum..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely layout. The page is beautiful and you can see it was made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors you have chosen for this page. Everything is well coordinated. Nice use of ink stitching. Always enjoy seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete