11 March, 2015

ART JOURNAL by Guest designer Heather J.

Hello everyone Heather J. with you today as a Guest Designer .
a very warm welcome to Megs Garden blog 
I have not been around for awhile but here I am back again 
sharing  
MY ART JOURNAL
 using the fabulous Sherlock papers by Kerry-Jean Watson
I do love creating arty journals
and these papers are absolutely perfect .
The papers /kit 
are available from Megs Garden website . 
be prepared for a long post as there are quite a few pics 
The journal contains 14 pages 
here goes
MY ART JOURNAL 
created with the Sherlock collection. 


 I love the vintage feel to these papers.

My cover has been altered with inks stain and crackle paint 
It has turned out much deeper than I expected but that happens sometimes ! whoops !
The inside pages are created with black bazzill .
These delightful papers dont need a lot of embellishments as they 
have been designed perfectly for art journals.
I added some washi tape, stitching, inking and stamping. 
with some metal embellies from the kit .

 some journaling on 
pages 1 and 2

pages 3 and 4  
I adore fossicking around in op shops discovering vintage treasures

 pages 5 and 6 
old post cards are so precious and old vintage wares 
found in a bric a brac shop .
Some metal trinkets and embellishments finished with crackle paint .
 Pages 7 and 8
how beautiful are these vintage  post cards of 
little girls and their dolls 
very very cute indeed .


 pages 9 and 10 
old rusty treasures found in the Adelaide Hills .

 pages 11 and 12
creating some journaling from my thoughts and faves  
pages 13 and 14 
 Final pages featuring me,
 at my faithful Bernina sewing machine 
sadly it has not seen any fabric for a few years now !!!
I hope you are inspired to look at this kit and create your own journal 
for generations to come 
history is lost unless we create art journals and pages
to share with our family and friends 
thanks for popping by and until we meet again 
happy scrapping 
warm hugz from heather J xoxo
thanks Meg for this kit. 
and thanks Kerry-Jean for the stunning designs 
I had great fun
creating this Journal 
www.heatherartandlife.blogspot.com.au

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Great kit, so beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather! Stunning album! You truly have a gift for combining paper, textiles, photos and color. I absolutely LOVE this! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most amazing Journal I have ever seen. It screams Heather Jacob from start to finish. You are the master of the vintage grunge look and the elements and embellies and even the photos are utter perfection. Perfect stamps, perfect texture and perfect use of Gentleman Book Kit. Do you get the feeling I love this?? LOL!! Well, I do!! It is pure magic!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING,i love everything about your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous - the pages are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather what a beautiful journal. Everything about it is so stunning, the photos, papers, embellishments, everything, stunning. So much time, effort and love has gone into it and it shows in every page. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Heather as you know I love you and your work ,this is a piece of ART, everything about it is beautiful ,you can see that you love what you do very much xoxo

    ReplyDelete