25 March, 2015

Beautiful by Dana Tatar - Forgotten Meadows Collection


Hi! Dana Tatar here today sharing a layout that I created with the stunning NEW Forgotten Meadows collection. I took this photo of my daughter last Easter and it is one of my favorites. It is hard to believe that she was only 5 years old when this photo was taken. She looks so grown up!


I love the hanging purple blooms that run along the top edge of the Wisteria Shade patterned paper. I laid the coordinating 4x12" strip along the bottom of the page to create a similar wisteria border along the bottom edge of the layout. I used a stencil with whipped spackle on the center of the page to help hide the seam.


I created a lace border for my photo by cutting the edge of a Paper Lace Doily and piecing it together to size. I attached Antique Champagne Tassels to the corners for some added flair. I cut images from the Forgotten Meadows Cut & Create patterned paper and layered them under and on top of my photo. I topped the die-cut flowers with an Aubergine and White Apple Blossom. I added a bit of bling to the photo, embellishing the strap of my daughter's dress (much to her delight), with a piece of Square Silver Diamante Trim.


I added more cuts from the Forgotten Meadows Cut & Create patterned paper on the right side of my photo. I filled in the flower cluster with some Velvet Leaves and Purple Metallic Ribbon.

 Thanks for stopping by today!

Meg's Gardens Supplies:
Forgotten Meadows Wisteria Shade
Forgotten Meadows Wisteria Shade 4x12 Strip
Forgotten Meadows Cut & Create
Paper Lace Doily
Antique Champagne Tassels
Aubergine and White Apple Blossom
Velvet Leaves
Square Silver Diamante Trim
Purple Metallic Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout Dana, you really worked with that lilac colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with my favourite design from the new Forgotten meadows collection.A beautiful LO and what a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding the bling to your daughter's dress was such a clever idea...nice embellishment. You did a nice job of "covering" the seam on that bottom print...well done. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout. I love all the detail and the fussy cut flowers look great in amongst the others. Everything is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout Dana!! Gorgeous colour and fabulous textures too!! I really love the little bit of bling you added to that sweet photo!! Brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Dana, love love this ,great colours ,great photo, great style xoxo

    ReplyDelete