02 May, 2015

Cherish



Hello friends of Meg's Garden! It's Cathy here on the blog and today I have a layout to share with you. I am always inspired by the talented mixed media artists and am amazed at the wonderful textures they create with their creations. I have dabbled in mixed media and as they say, "Practise makes perfect!" I wanted to challenge myself and incorporate some mixed media and colour into my layout as well as compliment the papers from The Forgotten Meadows Collection.


I started by applying a liberal coat of clear gesso onto my background paper which is called Afternoon Letters. As this was drying, I cut up some of the ephemera from the cut and create sheet, distressed the edges and inked them with Vintage Photo distress ink. I applied modelling paste and used Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil and a butterfly from TCW Specimens in spots. Once dry I applied Antique Linen Distress Spray and Lindy's Stamp Gang Open Arms Amethyst sprays over them.

To compliment the purples, I painted a white flowers using the LSG spray...love the shimmer!  I have also used three organza ribbons in my bow...more shimmer!

All of these embellishments are from the Cut and Create papers. I have used glue and foam tape to add dimension to them.

For my title, I used a LSG Midnight Bronze embossing powder to alter my chipboard title.

Meg's Garden Supplies:

Thanks so much for stopping by the Meg's Garden blog!
Hugs, Cathy








6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Cathy!! Love your mixed media background and fussy cut flowers!! Beautiful work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely LO Cathy,i love your masking and fussy cutting, gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning layout Cathy. The colours are just perfect with the photo and your background is awesome. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Cathy, love your layout the texture is beautiful,love the idea of the 3 ribbon bow this is a great page ,the whole page is perfect xo

    ReplyDelete