03 May, 2015

Sarah's Butterfly Garden Collection Layout

Hello again Meg's Garden fans! Sarah here to share a layout created with the absolutely stunning Butterfly Collection papers and embellishments from the Meg's Garden store. I started off with The Butterfly Garden by Night 12x12 paper for the base, added a coat of clear gesso and then did some masking with black graphite texture paste. Next, I built up layers using pieces from the 6 x 6 papers in The Butterfly Collection Mini Pack as the foundation for my son's first school photo from Junior Kindergarten this year! I fussy cut some butterflies from the mini papers and added some pieces of white floral wire to them as antennae.  I added flowers, fibres, ribbon and a bead (added to a pearl stickpin from my stash) from the Meg's Bundles Temptation in Blue embellishment pack. I also fussy cut some text circles from the 12 x 12 Cut & Create Ephemera page to use as embellishments and as the centre for the dark blue flower. Finally, I finished off the layout with some blue mist mixed with water.
Here are some close-ups!
 

Meg's Garden Products Used:
12 x 12 Butterfly Garden Collection Paper -  The Butterfly Garden at Night
12 x 12 Butterfly Garden Collection Paper -  Cut & Create Ephemera
The Butterfly Collection Mini Pack
Embellishments - Meg's Bundle of Goodies - Temptations in Blue

Thanks so much for your visit to the Meg's Garden Blog today! I hope you found some inspiration from my layout!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely LO Sarah,love your layers and masking,and gorgeous butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, I love your layout so much. The colour is just beautiful along with the photo. I love all the butterflies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sarah, love love the colours a great boys page love all the layers and flowers with the butterfly on top. A great page I love it all and a great photo its good to because it shows how well these paper work for boys, great layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Sarah!! Love the background and fussy cut images. The little paper text circles are a brilliant idea .. might have to pinch that one!! LOL!! xx

    ReplyDelete