19 May, 2015

"A Beautiful Christening for Blake" By Suzanne Crowther


Hi everyone Suzanne here to share a layout with you today. I have already made two mini books with this paper it is absolutely beautiful to work with.

A Beautiful Christening for Blake


On this layout I used 1 sheet white card stock and 1 page from the kit the page was very pale and perfect for this project. I used a boarder punch and put an edge on 2 sides of the Butterfly Collection paper. I then sprayed some dye in blue and purple with also adding some glimmer mist and then dried it with a heat gun.








I melted the larger photo onto pale blue card stock then mounted the smaller photo with a darker blue and the butterfly collection paper. The great part was the paper matches the silk christening gown I know you may not see it in these photos but the beading along the chest has ivory/cream/and light blue.



 I then took some doily boarder found at Meg’s Garden and inked the edges I also cut a piece of the paper and used a punch to cut a design in the paper, I threaded ribbon through the cut paper and fitter the edge cut paper and the edge doily paper over lapping not quite centre if of centre when fitted I used 2 way tape and placed both photos on the page.


I had a piece of chippy I coloured it with metallic paint and added glitter. I fitted this to the top of the page adding a beautiful butterfly that I had edged in glitter, I then added a bow and a little dummy I had coloured then I added a bit of glitter to finish of the photos I put in a small glittered butterfly in the centre of them.  I fussy cut out the frame from the paper inked the edges and using 3d mounts fitter it over a baby rattle that I had painted and glittered I added a bow and some pretty flowers.






Products Used Meg’s Garden

The Butterfly Collection Papers

Doily Paper Edging

Emphera Frame Fussy cut out

Acetate Butterfly’s

Flowers
Other Products Used
Glimmer Mist
Inks, Martha Stewart punch
Cardstock
Viva Metallic Paint, Glitter

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely LO,very sweet photos And techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning page Suzanne!! Love the adorable photos and you've showcased them beautifully!! xx

    ReplyDelete