07 May, 2015

Keepsake Box - by Brenda Caldow

Hello everyone and I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to the Meg's Garden Blog.
Today I would like to show you a Keepsake Box I have made for my Mum for Mother's Day crated out of the ' Forgotten Meadows' collection. 


I love the flowers on these papers so much. They are beautiful, pinks, mauve, creams and many more colours too. 


After placing the patterned paper on the top I decided to place some flowers over the top and let the flowers on the patterned paper flow out from behind them. The flowers I chose to use are the Velvet Pansy and leavessmall paper white and cream roses, paper Azaleas and a white Heirloom flower. The picture of the lady is from the Vintage Beauties Strips and after I have cut out the two different sizes I have mounted them on some of the patterned paper.  Also on the top I placed a bronze flower.


I inked the edge of the patterned paper with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs. The stems for my flowers I twisted in glued them coming from behind the flowers. 


I used a pink Fusion to colour the edge of the box lid and the placed some off white lace around it.  I then fussy cut the butterflies from the patterned papers.


I hope you have enjoyed my post and while at Meg's Garden I hope you have the time to look at what some of the other ladies have been up to and that we can inspire you a little. 
Until my next post good health and happy crafting to you.
Brenda xxx

Meg's Garden Products Used

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Brenda,gorgeous work, I love how you have used the gorgeous forgotten meadows collection, a fantastic keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! Love this gorgeous box Brenda, fabulous use of the papers. Your Mum will treasure this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the papers and flowers together. Well done. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete