07 April, 2016

Shabby Chic Mini Album Tutorial

Hello crafters and welcome to my post for Megs Garden.  Today I would like to share with this gorgeous little flip mini album.  This is super quick and only uses one piece of 12x12 cardstock.  However for this version I have actually cut down some A4 textured cardstock as it went perfectly with the soft pink tones of the papers.   I am working with my latest kit from Megs Garden - "Rose Quartz".  I have the 12x12 papercrafting kit.  Below are some pics of the gorgeous goodies Meg sent me this month.





Sooo without any further ado here is the really super quick and easy mini album that I found on youtube.  I will leave a link at the end of this post for you all to check out the creators video tutorial.  All you need is one piece of card stock and 12x12 printed papers. Yep, that  is all you need...oh and any embellishments, ribbons, flowers and bling you may like to add later on.

Ok here goes...
Step 1:- cut your card stock in half.  So you now have two pieces that measure 6"x12".
Step 2:-  Score your pieces. With your first piece of card stock score at:-
 2 3/4";
3";
7 1/2"
and 7 5/8". 
Set it aside and take your second piece of card stock and score at:- 
5/8"
5"
and 9 3/8"


Gently fold and burnish all your score lines.  Taking your second piece of card stock run a strip of double sided tape on to the 5/8" flap or any adhesive of your choice. You may wish to snip this flap as seen in the picture below, but it is not really necessary.  


 Now to put the two pieces together all you do is line the 5/8" flap up with the 3" score line on your first piece of card stock and adhere the little flap down........

 and that is it....the base of your mini is done.  All that is left now is to matt the pages and embellish.

I have used the following sheets to mat my pages...


Rose Quartz P6458 - Cut & Create

Rose Quartz 01 - P6452


Rose Quartz 03 - P6454

Rose Quartz 04 - P6455


Rose Quartz 05 - P6456

I have used the following embellishments:-


and here is the finished mini
















Thanks for stopping by today readers. I hope you pop on over to Megs Garden and take a look at what is new and exciting...

as always....
....remember to live your bliss......
✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿


7 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed this post! You have made the directions so simple and easy to follow; but the creation itself is gorgeous! I love projects like this~ Thank you for sharing. Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY clever and really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial. Your directions are clear and easy to understand. Your photos insure that my project will be a success. This is a beautiful paper collection. I'm so used to working on 8"x 8" albums...sure hope my hands can do something this small. Thanks, again, for this lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Kimi!! A lovely little mini and really clear instructions!! Thank you for sharing .. will have to pin this for future reference!! Beautifully done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kimi,gorgeous details ,so well put together !

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty little mini folder. I will be popping over to check out the video
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kimi this is stunning and such great work :)

    ReplyDelete