12 May, 2016

Rose Quartz Card Duo

Hello everyone, it's Patti here with a card duo for you today.  I've taken pieces from the new Meg's Garden Rose Quartz Papercrafter and Cardmaker collections to create two cards for you.  Both will be shared, start to finish, on the video so I do hope you join me there.  All supplies will be listed directly below the video.


My first card is this gorgeous lady fussy cut from the Meg's Garden Rose Quartz Papercrafter collection.  I removed the middle from a paper doily and arched a section of it behind and in front of her on the left side.  Adding a piece of crocheted lace, with a pink ribbon woven through, across the bottom.


In her hair I've attached one of the pink antique brads.  These cards are 5" x 7' and have been built upon a white card base (Spellbinders Celebra'tions Whirl White cardstock).


To finish this card I wove two of the pieces I'd fussy cut from the paper together. I also backed them with pink to create just a tiny border around each.  I placed the cluster in the lower left.


The second card is the same size and has the same white card base.  For this one I focused on a middle cluster strip.  This consists of a strip of paper doily on the right, a folded piece of the antique pink lace on the left with a strip from the paper atop both in the middle.  I completed the cluster with a spray of the flowers, again fussy cut and backed with pink.  Tucked behind is a pearl spray, also from Meg's Garden store.  


To give the front a little pop I took a piece of the pink/brown ribbon and tied it into a small bow placing it atop my front sentiment.  The sentiments are from JustRite Stampers Sympathy Handwritten Sentiments.  


Here is the inside sentiment, again from the JustRite Stampers collection.  I cut the mat to house the sentiment from Spellbinders Nestabilites Decorative Accents Labels Forty-One.  I actually had to do this because I had first stamped directly to the paper and the impression was scattered, it didn't stamp well in some spots.  I restamped and die cut it and placed it atop the first impression.  Problem solved and the bottom mat saved.  

Please join me on the video where I'll show you how I make both cards start to finish.  Check out Meg's Garden for all the loveliness you see on my cards to create them for yourselves at home.  Don't forget that the paper is not only available cut and shipped but also instantly as a digital download.


Supplies from Meg's Garden

Supplies from my stash
Spellbinders Celebra'tions Whirl White cardstock
Spellbinders Celebra'tions Decorative Accents Labels Forty-One
JustRite Stampers Sympathy Handwritten Sentiments
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds


4 comments:

  1. These cards are soo lovely! And beautifully created~ Thank you for the video; I am always interested in 'how' : )
    I appreciate fussy cutting! and your work is gorgeous~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, and bookmarking your video to watch
    Mary

    ReplyDelete