19 May, 2015

"A Beautiful Christening for Blake" By Suzanne Crowther


Hi everyone Suzanne here to share a layout with you today. I have already made two mini books with this paper it is absolutely beautiful to work with.

A Beautiful Christening for Blake


On this layout I used 1 sheet white card stock and 1 page from the kit the page was very pale and perfect for this project. I used a boarder punch and put an edge on 2 sides of the Butterfly Collection paper. I then sprayed some dye in blue and purple with also adding some glimmer mist and then dried it with a heat gun.








I melted the larger photo onto pale blue card stock then mounted the smaller photo with a darker blue and the butterfly collection paper. The great part was the paper matches the silk christening gown I know you may not see it in these photos but the beading along the chest has ivory/cream/and light blue.



 I then took some doily boarder found at Meg’s Garden and inked the edges I also cut a piece of the paper and used a punch to cut a design in the paper, I threaded ribbon through the cut paper and fitter the edge cut paper and the edge doily paper over lapping not quite centre if of centre when fitted I used 2 way tape and placed both photos on the page.


I had a piece of chippy I coloured it with metallic paint and added glitter. I fitted this to the top of the page adding a beautiful butterfly that I had edged in glitter, I then added a bow and a little dummy I had coloured then I added a bit of glitter to finish of the photos I put in a small glittered butterfly in the centre of them.  I fussy cut out the frame from the paper inked the edges and using 3d mounts fitter it over a baby rattle that I had painted and glittered I added a bow and some pretty flowers.






Products Used Meg’s Garden

The Butterfly Collection Papers

Doily Paper Edging

Emphera Frame Fussy cut out

Acetate Butterfly’s

Flowers
_ 
Other Products Used
Glimmer Mist
Inks, Martha Stewart punch
Cardstock
Viva Metallic Paint, Glitter

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely LO,very sweet photos And techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning page Suzanne!! Love the adorable photos and you've showcased them beautifully!! xx

    ReplyDelete